“With emerging trends and technologies having a huge impact on daily business, human engineering is one integral skill that can balance the business get going with latest trends. Competence around domain, insights into business strategy, design process, and innovative resources are keys to business and software integration with expected accuracy and speed.”
Testing is always driven by analytical questions. Brainstorming testing against “What” and “Why Not” would yield the best quality output in terms of business expectations and product quality. Applying traditional test methodologies and models with no prior analysis on the business requirements would not be a best practice for any tester or testing company. Therefore concrete testing concepts along with the domain knowledge are the drivers for any tester to perform R&D against any given business requirement.
Invent and Accelerate (I & A)
‘Innovation’ is a classic term which every industry talks about in this sophisticated world. Every business wants to be well equipped and established in its platforms, and so does the IT business. The outlook for future testers will be around ‘Invention’ and ‘Acceleration’ in testing concepts. What would brand an outstanding tester as unrivalled?
- Engineering competencies across business processes and platforms
- Passion with regard to shaping the landscape of testing techniques
- Calculated / adaptive thinking towards emerging areas
Superior level of thinking and composed intelligence helps testers to create unique insights which are critical to decision making, while doing requirements engineering. A tester needs to fit into various roles to identify and acknowledge the critical impacts and challenges faced by each player. Comprehensive understanding and the ability to determine and dive deeply into the requirements will streamline the test coverage in a more efficient style. This also enables the testing team to translate and transform testing practice to another dimension.
Catalysts for Transformation
Traditional testing will no longer be appreciated by businesses, since testing a delivered application for defects is not just expected out of any tester. Delivering value adds from a business perspective is a key deliverable for any given testing. Demand for an intensified testing altitude with a testing culture transformation is to be expected in the near future.
Vital catalysts for testing transformation:
- Perceptive Management: The ability to differentiate and comprehend information and to understand how to maximize rational business functions using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Reckoning Thoughts: Conceptualized about data based reasoning with measurable reasoning skills will be a major catalyst for future testers as businesses grow their data exponentially.
- Strategic Mindset: Expertise at designing the task force required for various business processes and enhancing the aptitude for accomplishing tasks to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Optimized Maturity Level: Future testers need to be well optimized with regard to maturity level and more reliable for business teams. Traditionally constructed testing formulae and procedures will no longer be a focal point in future and testers will have to engage right from the project commencement stage in order to understand the various stakeholder roles and business objectives.
- Operate Across Cultural Settings: Demand specific ideas and adaptability to rapidly changing circumstances will become core competencies for testers over the next few years. Business will be driven by diversity and testers have to be enabled to build robust and trustworthy relationships with the business in order to achieve effective outcomes.
Considering the way the business is likely to reshape in future, testers should strategize their planning and development to assure quality and align with future skill requirements. With enhanced techniques and testing routines, organizations can achieve an unrivaled outcome on the viability of business goals. Testers should not only be testers, but should also be competitive business enablers with a focused approach towards organizational growth. The testing landscape is changing and testers should consider how to adapt quickly in response to this rapid transformation.
The IT business is evolving with the rise of smart systems, and testers have to swiftly collaborate with the business and build relationships of trust. Future testers’ thought processes should be deliberated as below:
- Clear objectives driving participation and motivation
- Adapt to multiple business disciplines
- Sketch out limitations
- Innovative thinking for solutions and responses beyond boundaries
Finally, looking forward, testers should be productive, pilot the whole engagement, and demonstrate clinical performance as a stakeholder
To be successful, testers will need to exhibit flawless navigation through a rapidly transforming landscape of organizational forms and skill requirements. Continual integration and periodic re-assessment would help testers to evaluate the applied algorithm and business progress towards elevation. In short, testers will need to be flexible and adaptable to learn and apply new techniques across cultures and business environments in order to build a successful career.
This blog was published in Testing Experience magazine, Issue no. 21. Click to read more